Have you been wrongfully injured in Missouri or Kansas?
When you or someone you know has sustained a life-changing injury due to the negligent, reckless or criminal actions of another party, take action immediately! At the law firm of DiPasquale Moore, our personal injury lawyers in Kansas City can walk with you through the unexpected hardships you are facing as an accident victim.
Your Recovery is Our Priority
As you focus on your physical and emotional recovery, we will focus on the recovery of your losses. We understand how emotionally exhausting and financially burdening it can be to be faced with any personal injury matter. You can be confident that when you work with our lawyers, we will efficiently and effectively file your claim and seek justice on your behalf.
Reliable Help When You Most Need It
Once you hire us, our Kansas City personal injury attorneys will tirelessly pursue your compensation and will fully represent your interests without compromise, whether that is in or out of court. We strongly advise you against navigating the legal system alone and urge you to secure our immediate representation. Without our experienced and professional assistance, you are putting your rights and freedoms on the line.
The attorneys at DiPasquale Moore understand that you may have a number of questions concerning your personal injury case. We invite you to check out our frequently asked questions (FAQ) to learn more about your rights and legal options. For further information, or to schedule a free initial consultation, please contact our office directly.
Do I need to hire a personal injury attorney?
A personal injury lawyer is important when you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence. Our Kansas City, MO personal injury lawyers know your rights, and can help you determine whether you are entitled to recover compensation for your injuries. When you have been harmed due to no fault of your own, it is imperative that you hold the responsible parties accountable, both to prevent them from harming anyone else, and to prevent you from a financial and emotional burden. Feel free to schedule a consultation with DiPasquale Moore to learn what we can do for you.
A few of our distinguishing characteristics include:
- Outstanding client service aimed at total satisfaction
- History of proven results and impressive verdicts and settlements
- High degree of professional ability and competence
- Credible, ethical, and professional representation
- Contingency fee policy that allows affordable counsel for victims
- Free case consultations to prospective clients
The most important thing to look for in a personal injury attorney is finding someone who makes you feel comfortable and confident in their abilities. You will be trusting this person to have your best interests at heart, to fight for you in the face of injustice, and pad you for any current and future expenses that can arise as a result of this injury. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means you owe us nothing unless we recover money for you. We also provide free initial consultations so that you can meet with us and discuss your situation without making any financial commitments.
Should I hire an attorney even if my insurance company says I don’t need one?
Yes. The interests of any insurance company, including your own insurance company, is to protect their profits. When you work with an attorney, you can be confident that our interests are getting you the compensation you deserve for your injuries. The insurance adjuster or representative will most likely offer you a much smaller settlement amount than you would be able to recover with an attorney by your side. Our lawyers know how appealing it may be to take the money without taking a stand, which is why we offer our services free of charge if you do not win your case.
What can I recover from my lawsuit?No two personal injury cases are the same, so it is impossible to predict exactly what you can recover from your claim. We know that you have suffered an injury and have needed medical attention as a result. When you work with DiPasquale Moore, we will stop at nothing to recover a financial award to cover your present and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress, and inconvenience. In some cases, you may also be entitled to recovering punitive damages from the person that hurt you, or a financial award aimed at punishing them.
What should I do after an accident?
If you have been wrongfully injured, it is crucial that you contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. At our firm, we take pride in representing individuals and their families who have suffered injuries and damages due to the negligence of others. We believe that no one deserves to suffer at the hands of someone else's wrongdoing, which is why we do everything in our power to ensure our clients are repaid what they have lost.
If you were injured in an accident, remember to do the following:
- Document the details of your accident. Write down anything you can recall about how the incident occurred, including what you were doing, the time, whom you were with – every detail you can draw upon.
- Collect information from witnesses. It may be particularly useful to get statements from any witnesses involved to strengthen your claim to insurance companies. Our meticulous lawyers can interview witnesses on your behalf.
- Gather medical records or evidence. Having copies of your medical records can prove that an existing medical condition did not cause your injuries, and demonstrate the severity of your injuries.
- File a personal injury claim with the help of an attorney. Our attorneys can assist with your claim by assembling the necessary medical evidence and testimonies to build your claim. Let our team at DiPasquale Moore do the work for you.
The sooner you retain our firm's services, the sooner we can begin compiling every detail surrounding your case.
Is it important to see a doctor after an accident?
One of the most important pieces of evidence you will need in a personal injury case is medical records. If you haven’t visited a doctor for your injury, the insurance company is likely to point to the lack of medical care as indicative of a lack of seriousness. However, some people refrain from visiting a medical professional because their injury is minor or because they fear the expense. Remember, a valid claim will be compensated if it is covered by insurance. Medical bills that you may have to pay out of pocket will be compensated by the insurance company, as will future medical bills and lost wages.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit in Missouri?
Each state has a statute of limitations, or the amount of time that you have the right to bring a lawsuit against the responsible party. If your injury falls outside of this allotted time frame, you may be unable to bring charges against the negligent party unless the injured person was under the age of 18 or the injury was not discovered until a later date. Under Missouri law, someone who has suffered an injury has five years to seek action against a negligent party. If you are wondering if your case falls within the allowed time period, be sure to speak with a personal injury attorney at our firm.
How do I know if I have a personal injury claim?
Have you been hurt or harmed in some way that was not your fault? You may have a personal injury lawsuit. Personal injury operates under the concept of negligence, meaning that everyone has a responsibility to exercise care in their interactions with other people. When they are unable to maintain this standard of care and does not take the time to prevent harm to other people, then they are considered negligent.
There are other ways people can be held accountable for injuries too. Under the idea of strict liability, someone that is harmed can hold someone accountable even if they are not found to be negligent. Two examples of strict liability involve dog bites or defective products- while nothing in particular may have happened that was dangerous, someone can be held liable due to the inherent dangerousness.
As always, a Kansas City personal injury attorney at DiPasquale Moore is helpful in determining if you have a case and how to recover compensation.
How much will a personal injury lawsuit cost me?
We understand that it may seem easier to settle with an insurance company than work with a lawyer. We want to make sure that you know the numerous benefits that working with our firm can provide at little cost to you. When you work with DiPasquale Moore, your legal representation is at no cost to you.
- We offer free case consultations to sit with a member of our legal team and discuss your options in this case.
- Our contingency fee agreement means that the only way you will have to pay money to our firm is if you win your case.
- Court costs and experts fees are covered by your attorneys if you do not win your case, meaning we are invested until the end.
How long can I expect my case to take?
There is no way of saying how long your case may take. As a general rule of thumb, the more complex the case is, the longer it will take to resolve. In many cases, settling a case will take less time than taking the case to trial. It’s important to keep in mind, however, that this is not an instant solution. Many personal injury cases take months or years to resolve. Several factors, including your attorney’s skill set, may affect the duration of the case.
The timeline for a typical personal injury case is as follows:
- The plaintiff hires a personal injury attorney
- The attorney investigates the claim and reviews the client’s medical records
- The personal injury lawsuit is filed
- The defendant hires their own attorney
- Both parties begin the discovery process and investigate the other’s legal claims
- Both parties begin the negotiation process and try to reach a settlement
- If no fair settlement can be reached, the case goes to trial
- The trial results in a verdict or case dismissal
No matter what options turn out to be in your best interests, you can know that DiPasquale Moore is by your side until the completion of your case.
We know how to protect your rights and will exhaust our resources in order to do so on your behalf. Our practice has been tailored to the representation of individuals who are injured in car accidents and other acts of negligence, so you can trust that we have a depth of knowledge in the area of personal injury law and our Missouri & Kansas attorneys will work towards a favorable outcome for you.
- We have a track record of success.
- We are dedicated to professionalism and high-quality legal representation.
- We offer each prospective client a free consultation.
- Our attorneys have over 50 years of collective legal experience.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you only pay if we win your case.
- Michael DiPasquale
- Jason Moore
- Blaine Dickeson
- Todd Lucas
- Ryan Watson
- Garrett Tuck
- Katherine Corwin
- Dave Johnson
- Brian Tadtman
- Geoff Lydick
- Russ Purvis
- Tristan Medlin
- Ashley Hart
- Drew Ward
- Michelle Pflumm
- Matt Sain
- Spencer Phillips
- Michael Propst
- Allison Carr
- Ivan Camejo
- Adam Brillhart
- Anthony Riggins
I can't say enough kind things about the DiPasquale Moore team
I felt so taken care of and valued
I would highly recommend coming here if you want the best service
I'm very pleased with the outcome
Great people and if you need to someone to take care of business they are your people.