Topeka Brain Injuries Attorney
Let Us Help You Recover Compensation for Your Injury
Brain injuries are surprisingly common, especially if serious car accidents or contact sports are involved. Any particularly jarring strike to the head could result in a minor concussion, which is the smallest and least dangerous type of brain injury you could sustain. However, brain injuries can also be extremely problematic, especially if they are traumatic. Traumatic brain injury is a type of catastrophic injury that causes debilitating effects to the person who sustains it. Almost 2 million people a year fall victim to a head injury, so many people will experience some kind of head trauma during their lifetime.
If your injury was caused by the negligence or carelessness of someone else, don’t hesitate to call us at (888) 743-1030 us at (888) 743-1030. More than 500,000 head injuries a year are so severe they require immediate hospitalization, which can be extremely expensive. Injuries caused by negligence should be paid for by the person responsible for their creation. Let DiPasquale Moore help assist you on your case. Our personal injury attorneys in Topeka are dedicated to assisting the victims recover compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
Get your case started by calling us at (785) 470-4244 or filling out our online form today.
Types of Brain Injuries
The brain is a delicate organ, and any damage to it can be repaired with time. However, depending on the area of the brain that is injured, the damage could result in different symptoms and complications. Damage to the brain resulting in impairments in behavior, physical motion, cognition, and speech/ language would all be considered a brain injury. However, these are separated into many different categories.
Brain injuries could be placed into the following subcategories:
- Concussion: trauma caused by a sudden blow or shake of the head
- Contusion: a bruise on the brain
- Coup-Contrecoup Injury: extreme force causes the brain to slam into the side of the skull opposite the initial impact site
- Diffuse Axonal Injury: rotational force or shaking force causes brain structures to tear
- Traumatic Brain Injury: damage to living brain tissue by external mechanical forces or motion that results in a period of altered consciousness
- Anoxic Event: lack of oxygen to the brain as a result of different factors (drowning, overdose, kidney failure, and so on)
- Acquired Brain Disorder: neurological disorder that causes disruptions in the brain
- Second Impact Syndrome (Recurrent Traumatic Brain Injury): a second traumatic brain injury is sustained before the first is healed, potentially causing death
- Shaken Baby Syndrome: a child’s brain is injured after a person violently shakes him or her
- Locked-In Syndrome: a neurological condition in which a person cannot move any other part of the body except the eyes
Symptoms of Brain Injuries
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, you may not know whether someone has sustained long-lasting cerebral damage.
- If the following symptoms occur, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible:
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
- Personality changes
- Loss of taste
- Loss of smell
- Cognitive defects
If you suspect a loved one has sustained a brain injury, even one as minor as a concussion, getting medical help is vital. Sleepiness, confusion, headache, and slurred speech can also indicate a serious brain injury that could require treatment immediately. Doctors can provide a full neurological evaluation, including CT scans and MRIs, to determine the extent of the damage.
Talk to Our Skilled Attorneys Today
If your injury was caused by negligence or carelessness, you shouldn’t be stuck with the bill. Many of these severe injuries are caused by car accidents, falls, sports injuries, and violent crimes. If they result in long-term disabilities, you may also be out of a job. A skilled Topeka personal injury attorney can help you recover compensation. At DiPasquale Moore, we understand you and your family may be experiencing an enormous amount of stress. Our firm can help you aggressively pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and property damage, no matter the cause of your accident. Your well-being and comfort are paramount to our team. Talk to us about the circumstances of your injury in a no-cost evaluation.
contact us (888) 743-1030 at (785) 470-4244 or fill out our online form to get started on your case today.