Slip & Falls in a Parking Lot: What You Need to Know


If you have ever been injured due to a slip and fall accident in a parking lot, you may wonder who is liable for your injury. Whether it be the parking lot owner or someone else, liability will depend on your accident’s circumstances. In this blog, we’ll discuss what you should do if you find yourself in such a situation and provide an overview of liability regarding slip & fall accidents in a parking lot.

Who Is Liable?

Liability for slip & fall accidents in a parking lot will depend on several factors, including whether or not the property owner took reasonable steps to keep their property safe and free from hazards that could lead to an accident. In most cases, the owner is responsible for maintaining their property and promptly addressing any hazardous conditions. However, there are some exceptions.

If another party caused your accident (such as an employee or contractor), they could be held liable instead of the property owner. Additionally, other parties, such as those responsible for designing or building the parking lot, may also be partially liable, depending on your case’s circumstances.

What’s Next?

Suppose you believe another party is liable for your slip & fall accident in a parking lot. In that case, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit against them to hold them accountable for their negligence and receive compensation for any expenses incurred due to their negligence (medical bills, etc.). When filing a lawsuit, it’s important to retain legal counsel who can advise you on how best to proceed with your claim and ensure that all evidence supporting your case is properly presented before the court.

Slip & fall accidents in parking lots can be hazardous – not only can they cause physical harm, but they can also result in financial losses. If you find yourself injured due to such an accident, then seeking legal counsel may be your best option.

Our team of premises liability attorneys is ready to stand by your side when you’re ready. To get in touch with our office, call us at (816) 888-7500 or visit our website to fill out a consultation request form.



Related Posts