Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer in Kansas City, MO
Injured in an Accident with a Commercial Vehicle?
Commercial vehicles can pose a serious risk to other drivers, pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists alike, often resulting in severe injuries and extensive damage. Whether you were involved in an accident with a bus, moving truck, semi-truck, delivery van, construction vehicle, or any other type of commercial vehicle, our commercial vehicle accident attorneys are here to help you get back on your feet.
How DiPasquale Moore Can Help
At DiPasquale Moore, our legal team is dedicated to helping our clients fight for the justice and fair compensation they deserve after suffering a serious injury. We know how complicated the legal process can be, which is why we’re committed to standing by you each step of the way.
Our firm has more than 50 years of collective experience, and we have an impressive track record of success that speaks for itself. We pride ourselves in our compassion and professionalism, and we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don’t pay a dime unless we win your case.
call our firm at (888) 743-1030 to schedule a free consultation with our Kansas City commercial vehicle accident attorneys.
Types of Commercial Vehicles
Any vehicle used to carry goods or fare-paying passengers is considered a commercial vehicle.
- Some of the most common types of commercial vehicles include:
- City or state work trucks
- Construction vehicles
- Delivery trucks or vans
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Moving trucks or vans
Car accidents involving commercial vehicles are often more complex than those involving traditional passenger vehicles because commercial vehicles are owned, leased, or operated by companies for business purposes. As such, there are multiple parties involved in commercial vehicles’ operation and maintenance and therefore, multiple parties that may be held liable in the event of an accident.
What Causes Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
There are countless ways in which commercial accidents can occur. As with any car crash, the incident could be caused by driver error or the error of other drivers on the road. Accidents might also occur because of road hazards, vehicle malfunctions, or a failure to properly maintain the vehicle. After a crash, it’s important to find out what caused the crash so that you can determine who is liable.
What to Do After a Serious Collision
- Seek medical attention: First, you need to seek medical attention if you or anyone else involved in the accident was injured. Call 911 and ask for an ambulance right away.
- Call the police: An official police report documenting the incident can make your case much easier to handle later on. It can be beneficial to have the account of an unbiased third party.
- Exchange information: Exchange information with the other driver. Write down their name, driver’s license number, contact information, and information about the company they work for.
- Gather evidence: Take photos of the crash scene, including the damage to both vehicles. If there are skid marks, take a photo of them and any other damaged walls, buildings, guardrails, etc.
- Call an attorney right away: Once you’ve handled all of the immediate issues, call a lawyer. These claims can be extremely complex, so it's important to have an advocate on your side.
Determining Liability for Your Accident
Commercial vehicles must be properly maintained by the company who owns them, and the drivers hired by those companies should be adequately trained to drive their vehicle safely. In the event that the company acts negligently, they may be held partially or fully responsible for the crash.
Commercial accidents could be caused by the following company errors:
- Poorly secured or improperly loaded cargo
- Inadequately maintained vehicles
- Drivers are unqualified or untrained
- Company employed negligent hiring practices
- Drivers were not given sufficient breaks
Most commercial vehicles are larger than standard passenger vehicles, especially commercial trucks, vans, or trailers. When it comes to commercial vehicle accidents, these types of incidents are usually very damaging, resulting in catastrophic injuries or even death. If you were harmed by a commercial vehicle due to some fault of the driver or the company that owns the vehicle, we want to help.
Contact DiPasquale Moore to get started on your commercial accident case in Kansas City, MO.