put thousands of employees out of commission every year. However, some injuries are more common than others. Learn about the most common work injuries and how you can recover compensation after getting injured on the job.
What Are the Most Common Work Injuries?
Most work injuries result from overwork and repetitive motions. Such actions are particularly common in industrial and office work environments. These actions result in three of the most common work injuries, which include:
- Sprains, strains, or tears
- Soreness or pain
- Cuts, lacerations, or punctures
Can You Prevent Work Injuries?
It’s important that employers do everything they can do to prevent work injuries, such as training workers properly, identifying hazards, and giving employees enough break time.
As an employee, you can safeguard yourself by taking these measures
- Avoid bending, reaching, and twisting when lifting heavy objects.
- Store heavier objects closer to the floor.
- Be aware of moving vehicles or machinery on the job site.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Place the base of ladders on even, solid surfaces.
Injured at Work? We’re Here to Help
If you have been injured on the job, you may find the workers’ compensation process overwhelming while you’re focused on recovering from your injuries. At DiPasquale Moore, our Kansas City and Topeka personal injury attorneys are here to get you back on your feet. We will make the legal process easier for you and keep you updated throughout the process.
Contact DiPasquale Moore at (816) 888-7500 to schedule a free consultation.