Many people take advantage of negative stereotypes associated with motorcyclists and use that information to blame bikers for virtually every motorcycle crash.
In reality, most motorcycle accidents are caused by other motorists violating the biker’s right-of-way. Learn more about your rights as a motorcyclist below.
Motorcycle Accident Fast Facts
There is much that people don’t understand about motorcycle accidents. These facts provide some insight:
- In multiple-vehicle accidents, two-thirds of crashes are caused by another vehicle violating the motorcyclist’s right-of-way.
- The main cause of motorcycle accidents is when a motorist does not see a motorcyclist before a collision or does not see a motorcyclist early enough to avoid a collision.
- Approximately 75% of motorcycle accidents involve a collision with another vehicle.
- Intersections are the most likely place for a motorcycle accident.
- Fuel system leaks are present in approximately 62% of motorcycle accidents after the crash, which poses a much greater risk of fire that is not present in other types of motor vehicle accidents.
- A typical motorcycle accident allows the biker less than two seconds to complete all collision avoidance action.
- Ninety-eight percent of multiple-vehicle accidents and 96% of single-vehicle accidents result in some kind of injury to the motorcyclist, and 45% results in more than a minor injury.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? We’re Here to Help
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another’s recklessness, our Kansas City and Topeka personal injury attorneys can protect your rights and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
We can help you back on the road to recovery. Contact DiPasquale Moore at (888) 743-1030 to schedule a free consultation.