Kansas City Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer
We can help you recover compensation for your suffering!
When many individuals hear the words "slip and fall accident," they mistakenly assume that this is only a threat for elderly citizens or can only happen during inclement weather. Slip and fall accidents can occur any time property is not maintained the way that it should be and often result in serious back and head injuries. Have you been hurt on another person's property? You may have a claim!
At DiPasquale Moore, we take such cases seriously and will go to work for victims affected by these accidents. We believe that your suffering should not go unnoticed, which is why when you partner with our Kansas City slip & fall accident attorneys, every effort will be made to recover necessary compensation.
Proving Liability in Slip & Fall Accidents
A word you'll hear often in any kind of personal injury case is 'liability' and this applies to slip and fall accidents as well. Before winning your claim, you have to prove that one party is liable, or responsible, for your accident and any subsequent suffering.
The defendant, in this case the property owner, is required to exhibit reasonable care when keeping the property safe and well-maintained.
If you can prove the following things, the defendant likely failed to demonstrate reasonable care:
- The owner or employee of the premises caused the hazard which instigated your accident
- The owner or employee of the premises knew about the hazard but did not remove it
- The owner or employee should have known about the hazard like any other reasonable person
It is also important to present your case in such a way that an insurance company will not suspect that you acted in a careless way. Concrete evidence can be extremely helpful in such cases.
What can I do when I have been involved in a slip and fall accident?
When you have been injured as a result of the careless actions of a property owner, you are owed a responsibility to have your financial needs covered, covering pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses. In order to ensure that you are able to recover the most compensation you possibly can, there are some steps you can employ in order to cover your bases.
When you have been involved in a slip and fall accident:
- Do not claim fault for the accident or injury.
- Obtain the contact information of the property owners and managers.
- Write down the names of any witnesses at the scene.
- Use your cell phone to document the property and what caused the accident.
- Save clothing and shoes worn during the accident.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries.
- Refuse to speak with anyone without an attorney present.
We have been able to help hundreds of victims suffering from the negligence of someone else. If you believe that you are eligible to file a personal injury claim because of your slip and fall accident, it is time to take action.
Schedule your free consultation by calling our Kansas City slip and fall attorneys today at (888) 743-1030.
Thank you so much Dave you made one of the most traumatic and scary times in my life so much easier. I can’t thank you, Garrett, or your law firm enough!!” - Anonymous